Mommy makeover is a combination of cosmetic procedures that restore you to your pre-pregnancy appearance. The term “mommy makeover” is a descriptive term, not a procedure. The following procedures are common to mommy makeovers:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): removes loose, and excess skin and fat and tightens slack fascia while removing stretch marks and excess skin in the lower abdomen below the belly button.
- Liposuction (lipoplasty): general fat removal.
- Breast Lift (mastopexy): treats sagging and uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples, and stretched areolas, returning a youthful shape and lift to your breasts.
- Breast Reduction: removes fat and glandular tissue and tightens skin to produce smaller, lighter breasts.
- Breast Augmentation (Augmentation Mammaplasty): increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or fat grafting.
The most common procedures performed together are a tummy tuck with a breast augmentation. However, when you have a consultation with one of our board certified plastic surgeon’s, they’ll help you determine which procedures will help you achieve your desired result.
When to Consider a Mommy Makeover
- When you are finished with childbirth and breastfeeding.
- If your pregnancy has negatively affected the size and shape of your breasts.
- If you’re distressed about your sagging tummy and stretch marks.
- If pockets of fat on your waist, abdomen, arms or thighs do not improve with diet and exercise.
Am I a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
When you have a consultation at Elite MD, we can help determine if a mommy makeover is right for you. Generally, if childbirth has left you with the following characteristics, consider undergoing a mommy makeover:
- You have sagging breasts, uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples and stretched areolas.
- Your breasts have become so much larger after childbirth that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body and they cause back pain.
- Your tummy has loose skin and stretch marks and your waistline has become thick and undefined.
- You had a C-section and now you have areas of fat hanging over your surgical scar.
- You have excess fat in the love-handle area as well as in the hips and thighs.
Results & Recovery
Just as the procedure itself is highly individualized to each patient, so are the results and recovery times associated with a mommy makeover. Most women will notice a significant change immediately following surgery. However, the full extent of these changes will gradually become visible as the body heals. Patients may need to wear a compression garment under their clothing for a few weeks following the procedure. Pain medication and antibiotics may be prescribed to help alleviate discomfort and reduce the risk of infection. Most patients can return to work within one week. Those patients with more physically demanding jobs may need to wait longer. Also, strenuous exercise should be avoided for three to six weeks following the procedure. Ask us about typical results and recovery times for your individual case.
What our patients are saying about Elite MD
“I had the most wonderful experience here at Elite MD I had the mommy make over 8 years ago and my results were then and still now amazing!! The doctors and staff are very friendly and treat you like family!!! I would recommend anyone and everyone who is in need of any of there services to give them a try because you will never be disappointed!!” – by Lisa M.