You have probably all by now have heard about less invasive sculpting and liposuction techniques like Cool sculpting and Vaser Liposuction that promise to dissolve fat without major surgery or downtime. While they both offer similar results, you may be a better candidate for one over the other simply based on your body goals, expectations and timeline.
The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise. During a CoolSculpting session, your physician will use a special tool that clamps down and cools a roll of fat to freezing temperature. There is no cutting, stitching, anesthetizing, or recovery time necessary. In the weeks after the treatment, your body naturally eliminates the frozen, dead fat cells. You should begin to see results within a few weeks of your treatment, and final results after a few months. While some candidates will need a few sessions, CoolSculpting results are long term because treated fat cells are gone.
Vaser Liposuction, on the other hand, is a minimally invasive technology using ultrasound technology that is so versatile and so effective that patients can get slimming, sculpted results throughout the entire body, including the stomach, back, legs and arms. While Vaser Liposuction involves cutting, stitching, and anesthetizing, it is also highly effective and the chosen device for those who are looking for more hi-definition results.
Let’s go into more details about each by answering some FAQ’s.
So, who is the right candidate for Coolsculpting?
- You must NOT be expecting. Those who are not pregnant, breastfeeding, or those trying to become pregnant should definitely not undergo CoolSculpting, for obvious safety reasons. Consult with your physician after your pregnancy to better understand if and when CoolSculpting is right for you.
- While candidacy may differ with each clinic and provider, CoolSculpting is for those who do not have a large BMI.
- Those who are not suffering from any chronic pain or disease.
- Patient who HAVE not had any invasive surgery or lipo in the last 12 months.
- Patients who are above 19
- It provides a non-invasive way to melt fats
- Virtually painless
- It is safer than surgical treatment
- FDA-cleared treatment
- It doesn’t require any downtime
- It tightens and tones the skin
- Its Natural! The fat cells are simply eliminated from your body through your regular elimination processes
- Will subtly contour your shape
Reasons it may not be for you
- If you are looking for a quick and drastic way to lose weight or inches as the results are subtle
- Not everyone may be a good candidate for CoolSculpting
- If you bruise easily- some patients have experienced redness and bruising after treatment
Now let’s talk about Vaser Lipo.
Liposuction, on the other hand, is an invasive surgical procedure that involves cutting, stitching, and anesthetizing. VASER Lipo uses ultrasonic energy to selectively break up small or large areas of fat while leaving the other important tissues in the area intact. Unlike traditional lipo, patients do not have to worry about loose skin as this technique helps stimulate collagen production and promotes skin tightening. This procedure also offers other advantages over traditional liposuction such as
- Minimally invasive procedure using local anesthesia
- Provides eye-catching results in a single procedure
- Easily removes large amounts of stored fat
- Quicker recovery time, less swelling and bruising
- Coagulates the tissues and tightens sagging skin
- Does not destroy the other tissues in the treated area
- Patients can return to normal activities within two to three weeks
The right candidates for Vaser liposuction include the following:
- Individuals who are physically healthy and want to get rid of fat pockets that cannot be resolved through diet and exercises are the best candidates for VASER lipo.
- Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring. Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.
- Those who generally have good skin elasticity.
- It does not pose harm to surrounding tissues, and only targets the fats
Breaks down the fat tissues so that it is easier to remove from the body
So on the question as to which is better between the two, it will depend on what your needs are. Yes, CoolSculpting may be more convenient as opposed to Vaser Liposuction in terms of ease and less downtime, but if you want a faster and more significant outcome, then you might want to consider the latter.
As always, consult with a board certified physician or cosmetic surgeon to discuss which procedure is best for you. Come in for a complimentary consult at Elite MD and we can tailor a plan that best fits your goals!