Job Description: Medical Assistant
EliteMD offers a variety of medical and cosmetic treatments performed by world class Board Certified Physicians and highly trained expert providers. EliteMD thrives in Advanced Dermatology, Laser, and Plastic Surgery and is seeking a Cosmetic Dermatology Medical Assistant to join the Elite team!
In this position you will assist physicians and other clinical staff in handling the flow of patients. We have a full-time position open, working Monday-Friday, must be flexible with schedule. Our office is growing rapidly and we would like an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent patient care as a priority.
- Assist in surgeries and accompany Doctors and Nurses as needed.
- Prepare and sterilize exam rooms and medical equipment before and after procedures.
- Set up exam room and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Accompany patient to exam/procedure room.
- Explain treatment procedures and instruct patient of any medications, diets, wound care instructions and physicians’ instructions.
- Make sure correct consent forms are obtained prior to preparing a patient for treatment.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information.
- Record patient medical history, medications, allergies, and other test result information in electronic medical records.
- Measure and record patient vital signs, weight and height.
- Take patient photos.
- Assist with pre and post-op appointments.
- Stocking of supplies and equipment
- Support back office as needed
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- 3+ years of experience with Cosmetic Dermatology or Plastic Surgery.
- Familiarity with practice management software like Nextech.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Provides exceptional care.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast paced high volume office
- $25.00 per hour
We offer competitive benefits package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life and 401K as well as Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays.