Elite MD is looking for a qualified Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our practice.
The prime responsibility of the LVN is to provide direct care for patients and support to all Surgical Techs with IV insertion.
This job classification has been identified as having a risk for acquiring an occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials. Protective equipment such as gloves, mask/face shields should be worn when exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials is anticipated. Clinical judgement should be exercised when deciding what type of protective equipment to wear.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in surgeries and accompany Doctors and Nurses as needed.
- Prepare and sterilize exam rooms and medical equipment before and after procedures.
- Set up exam room and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplied.
- Accompany patient to exam/procedure room.
- Explain treatment procedures and instruct patient of any medications, diets, wound care instructions and physicians’ instructions.
- Make sure correct consent forms are obtained prior to preparing a patient for treatment.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information.
- Record patient medical history, medications, allergies, and other test result information in electronic medical records.
- Measure and record patient vital signs, weight and height.
- Take patient photos.
- Assist with pre and post-op appointments.
Must Poses IV Certification
- Holds a current Vocational Nurse license issued by the CA Board of Vocational Nursing and is CPR and first aid certified.
- Has previous experience working with Plastic Surgery and Dermatology (Preferred).
- Health Screen and TB clearance not more than 1 year prior or 7 days after employment.
- Holds a High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Is a minimum of 18 years old.
- Displays proficiency in written and oral English.
- Is a citizen or alien authorized to work in the U.S. with legal documentation.